Journal Articles and Book Chapters
• “Foreign Direct Investment Profile of Uruguay“ (Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment, Volume on FDI Country Profiles, forthcoming 2011) [with Daniel García]
• “Reconstruction Zones as a Driver for Investment, Trade, Employment, Food Security and Improved Human Security“ (Volume on The Role of Business in Conflict Zones (CSS Zurich, Swisspeace, PRIF), forthcoming 2012).
• “Rebuilding War-Torn States: Tomorrow's Challenges for Post-Conflict Reconstruction“ (Asia Pacific Civil-Military Centre for Excellence, Volume on Civil-Military Interaction in Crisis-Affected Countries, forthcoming 2012).
• “Aid and Employment Generation in Conflict-Affected Countries: Policy Recommendations for Liberia in Foreign Aid and Employment“ (Helsinki, Finland: UN/WIDER, forthcoming 2012).
• The Economics of Peace: Military vs Civilian Reconstruction – Could Similar Rules Apply? In Expeditionary Economics: Toward a Doctrine for Enabling Stabilization and Growth (NY: West Point United States Military Academy, 2011d, forthcoming)
• “Reconstruction Zones in Afghanistan and Haiti: A Way to Enhance Aid Effectiveness and Accountability (Washington, D.C.: United States Institute of Peace, Special Report #292, 2011c, October 2011).
• The Economics of Peace: Five Rules for Effective Reconstruction (Washington, D.C.: United States Institute of Peace, Special Report #286, September 2011b).
• “Rebuilding From War: Economic Reconstruction in Post-Conflict States,“ World Politics Review, May 31, 2011a.
• “The Challenges facing the Bretton Woods Institutions in Reconstruction and Peacebuilding,” in The Economics of Peace (London, UK: Adelphi Series of Books, IISS) by Mats Berdal and Achim Wennman (September 2010).
• “Peace Through Reconstruction: An Effective Strategy for Afghanistan,” Brown Journal of World Affairs, XVI/II (Spring/Summer 2010).
• “Book Review: Christopher J. Coyne, 2008, After War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy (Stanford: Stanford
Economics and Finance, Stanford University Press), Perspectives on Politics, 8 (March 2010).
• “Economic Reconstruction of War-Torn Countries: The Role of the International Financial Institutions,” Setton Hall Law Review, 38/4 (December 2008).
• "Uruguay en el nuevo contexto internacional", Cuaderno de Economía, Vol. 2 (December 2007).
• "Auferstehen aus ruinen: Die besonderen bedingungen des wirtschaftlichen wiederaufbaus nach konflikten", der Überblick (4/2006, Dezember).
• "Mexico’s Public Sector Debt and Debt Management", in L. Randall (ed.), Changing Structure of Mexico: Political, Social, and Economic Prospects (N.Y.: M.E. Sharpe Publishers, 2006). Published in Spanish by Siglo XXI Editores.
• "El Clima de Negocios en la República Oriental del Uruguay" in Eduardo Fernández-Arias and Silvia Sagari (eds), Una Nueva Era de Crecimiento Económico en Uruguay (Interamerican Development Bank, 2006).
• "Assessing Sovereign Risk", in Anya Schiffrin and Amer Bisat (eds.), Covering Globalization: A Reporter’s Handbook (NY: Columbia University Press, November 2004). In several languages.
• "Economic Reconstruction in Post-Conflict Transitions: Lessons for the Democratic Republic of Congo", Working Paper No. 228 (Paris: OECD Development Centre, 2003).
• "Promotion of Export-Oriented Foreign Direct Investment in Uruguay", (Washington, D.C. Interamerican Development Bank, July 2003) [ENGLISH VERSION]
• "Promotion of Export-Oriented Foreign Direct Investment in Uruguay", (Washington, D.C. Interamerican Development Bank, July 2003) [SPANISH VERSION]
• "Afghanistan–The Way Forward", Global Governance (April 2003).
• “Innovative Mechanisms for Infrastructure Financing” (Washington, D.C., IADB, 2003).
• "Determinants of the Nominal Exchange Rate: A Survey of the Literature", in M.S. Khan, S.M. Nsouli and C.H Wong (eds),
Macroeconomic Management: Programs and Policies (Washington, D.C.: IMF, 2002).
• "External Sector: Accounting, Analysis, and Projections", in E. Croce, M. Da Costa, and H. Juan-Ramón (eds), Programming
and Financial Policies: Application to the Colombian Case (Washington, D.C.: IMF, 2002, original in Spanish.
• "Contagion: From Higher Risk to Risk Aversion and the Danger of Protectionism", in F. Rivera-Batiz and A. Lukauskas (eds),
The Political Economy of the East Asian Crisis: Tigers in Distress (Edward Elgar Publishers, 2001) (with Mario I. Blejer).
• "Post-Conflict Reconstruction and the Challenge to the International Organizations: The Case of El Salvador", World Development, Vol. 29, No. 12 (December 2001).
• Book Review of Distributive Justice and Economic Development: The Case of Chile and Developing Countries by Andres
Solimano, Eduardo Aninat, and Nancy Birdsall, Journal of Economic Literature, Vol. XXXIX, No. 2 (June 2001).
• "Economic Reconstruction in Post-Conflict Transitions", in M. Malan and C. Lord (eds), Prague to Pretoria: Towards a Global Consensus on the Doctrine of Peace Support Operations (Prague: Institute of International Relations, 2000).
• "Arms-for-Land Deal: Lessons from El Salvador", in M. Doyle and I. Johnstone (eds), Multidimensional Peacekeeping: Lessons from Cambodia and El Salvador (Cambridge, U.K., Cambridge University Press, 1997).
• "Déjà Vu All Over Again? The Mexican Crisis and the Stabilization of Uruguay in the 1970s", World Development, Vol. 26, No.
3 (March 1998) [with Mario. I. Blejer; translated into Russian as IMF Working Paper (WP/96/80), July 1996].
• Privatization in Latin America: From Myth to Reality (Santiago, Chile: CEPAL, Series on Public Policy Reform, 1995).
• "Post-Conf lict Peace-Building: The Challenge to the UN", CEPAL Review, 55 (October 1995) [translated into Spanish in Revista de la CEPAL, 55 (April 1995)].
• "Implementation of Comprehensive Peace Agreements: Staying the Course in El Salvador", Global Governance (Spring, 1995) [with Alvaro de Soto].
• "Obstacles to peace-building", Foreign Policy, 94 (Spring 1994) [with Alvaro de Soto; translated into Spanish in Revista Tendencias, 32 (julio/agosto 1994)].
• "Foreign Direct Investment, Capital Formation and the Balance of Payments of Developing Countries", in Lehman, C. and R.
Moore (eds), Multinational Culture: Social Impacts of a Global Economy (Conn., Greenwood Press, June 1992).
• "Policy Fundamentals, Interest Rates Differentials and Expected Devaluation in the Presence of an Active Crawling Peg
System", Journal of International Money and Finance, 12/3 (June 1992).
• "Expectations of Devaluation, the Real Rate of Interest and the Private Sector in a Dual Currency Economy", in Fischer, K. and
G. Papaioannou (eds), Business Finance in Less-Developed Capital Markets (N.Y.: Quorum Books, May 1992).
• "El Enfoque Fiscal de la Balanza de Pagos", Estudios de Economía (Universidad de Chile), 17/2 (Diciembre de 1990).
• "The Role of Transnational Corporations in South-South Trade: Issues and evidence", in V. Ventura-Dias and A. McIntyre
(eds.), South-South Trade: Trends, Issues and Obstacles to its Growth (New York: Praeger, 1989).
• “The MGRC Model: A Test of the Gulliver Effect,” in Universidade de Sao Paulo, 7th Latin American Meeting of the
Econometric Society: Abstracts and Papers (Brazil: USP, FEA, FIPE, Vol 1, 1987).